News & Events
The Voice of Nurses in Massachusetts
The MNA Division of Public Communications raises public awareness of and support for nursing issues by making nurses and nursing front-page news throughout the state and the nation. Below you will find the latest news regarding all facets of the organization. For a listing of upcoming MNA happenings, visit our Events Calendar.
- 01.14.2020 Save Somerville ER: January 30 DPH Closure Hearing
- 01.06.2020 Gallup Survey Shows Nurses Trusted as Most Honest, Ethical for 18th Straight Year
- 12.20.2019 2020 MNA Travel Programs Just Announced!
- 12.13.2019 Save the Date: MNA Labor Summit 2020
- 12.09.2019 Dec. 10 Candlelight Vigil to be held at Tobey Hospital as Maternity Unit Closure Deadline Approaches
- 12.02.2019 Hospital Management’s Intent to Cut Nurse Staffing at the Leominster Campus of UMass Memorial HealthAlliance - Clinton Hospital Leads RNs to Hold Candlelight Vigil
- 11.27.2019 Southcoast Response Letter to DPH: Tobey Maternity Closure
- 11.18.2019 Nurses to Testify Tuesday at State House on Bills to Protect Patients from Unsafe Medication Administration and Caretakers During Emergency Response
- 11.15.2019 Supporting Our Friends in Need with Thanksgiving Help
- 11.08.2019 Alert: BORN 2020 RN Licensing Renewals Notice
- 11.06.2019 MNA Nurses Call on Baystate to Keep Care Local After Decision to Sever Ties with Controversial For-Profit Mental Health Company
- 11.04.2019 DPH Deems Tobey Hospital's Maternity Services "Essential"
- 10.28.2019 Nurses to Testify Tuesday at State House on Bill to Improve Patient Mobility, Limit Injuries to Healthcare Professionals
- 10.21.2019 Department of Public Health to Hold October 23 Public Hearing Regarding Planned Closure of Tobey Hospital’s Maternity Unit
- 10.17.2019 Tobey and St. Luke’s Hospital Nurses Decry Proposed Closure of Tobey Maternity Services as Harmful to Community Health
- 10.16.2019 MNA Nurses will March in Downtown Springfield on Thursday to Protest Baystate Health’s Attack on Patient Care Services Across Western MA
- 10.11.2019 Save Maternity Services at Tobey Hospital!
- 10.08.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center Overwhelmingly Ratify New Three-Year Contract
- 09.23.2019 Lawmakers Hold Sep. 24 Hearing on Bill to Provide Clear Data on Nurse Staffing, Supply of Nurses, Patient Care Quality in Mass. Hospitals and the True Cost to Implement Safe Patient Limits
- 09.19.2019 The MNA Labor School will be sponsoring one-session evening classes in each of the MNA Regions about Medicare for All which has now become a major focus in the public discussion.
- 09.18.2019 Coalition to Keep Behavioral Health Care Local to Rally on September 23 in Holyoke Against Baystate Health Plan to Close Beds in Greenfield, Palmer and Westfield
- 09.10.2019 Enter to Win Today-Time to Relax Gift Pack!
- 09.06.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center File Unfair Labor Practice Charges for Bad Faith Bargaining After Steward Made Threat to Close the Hospital in Retaliation if Nurses Refused to Accept Management’s Contract Offer
- 08.29.2019 Massachusetts Nurses Association Honors Memory of Former MNA President, Executive Director Anne Hargreaves, RN
- 08.27.2019 MNA Nurses Call on Baystate Health to Dissolve Partnership with For-Profit US HealthVest After Devastating Investigative Report
- 08.14.2019 MNA Election Ballot Return Deadline September 11
- 08.14.2019 Pain Management: October 2019 Education Conference
- 08.13.2019 MNA 2025!
- 08.02.2019 Register now Microsoft Office 2013 Computer Training Guest Instructor Katy Mayo of South Shore Software Training The MNA has added this practical course on several computer programs: Excel and Word. It is adapted for the total novice to one who has considerable experience.
- 07.30.2019 Join the Conversation: September 4 Telephone Town Hall on the Future of the MNA