News & Events
The Voice of Nurses in Massachusetts
The MNA Division of Public Communications raises public awareness of and support for nursing issues by making nurses and nursing front-page news throughout the state and the nation. Below you will find the latest news regarding all facets of the organization. For a listing of upcoming MNA happenings, visit our Events Calendar.
- 11.08.2019 Alert: BORN 2020 RN Licensing Renewals Notice
- 11.06.2019 MNA Nurses Call on Baystate to Keep Care Local After Decision to Sever Ties with Controversial For-Profit Mental Health Company
- 11.04.2019 DPH Deems Tobey Hospital's Maternity Services "Essential"
- 10.28.2019 Nurses to Testify Tuesday at State House on Bill to Improve Patient Mobility, Limit Injuries to Healthcare Professionals
- 10.21.2019 Department of Public Health to Hold October 23 Public Hearing Regarding Planned Closure of Tobey Hospital’s Maternity Unit
- 10.17.2019 Tobey and St. Luke’s Hospital Nurses Decry Proposed Closure of Tobey Maternity Services as Harmful to Community Health
- 10.16.2019 MNA Nurses will March in Downtown Springfield on Thursday to Protest Baystate Health’s Attack on Patient Care Services Across Western MA
- 10.11.2019 Save Maternity Services at Tobey Hospital!
- 10.08.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center Overwhelmingly Ratify New Three-Year Contract
- 09.23.2019 Lawmakers Hold Sep. 24 Hearing on Bill to Provide Clear Data on Nurse Staffing, Supply of Nurses, Patient Care Quality in Mass. Hospitals and the True Cost to Implement Safe Patient Limits
- 09.19.2019 The MNA Labor School will be sponsoring one-session evening classes in each of the MNA Regions about Medicare for All which has now become a major focus in the public discussion.
- 09.18.2019 Coalition to Keep Behavioral Health Care Local to Rally on September 23 in Holyoke Against Baystate Health Plan to Close Beds in Greenfield, Palmer and Westfield
- 09.10.2019 Enter to Win Today-Time to Relax Gift Pack!
- 09.06.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center File Unfair Labor Practice Charges for Bad Faith Bargaining After Steward Made Threat to Close the Hospital in Retaliation if Nurses Refused to Accept Management’s Contract Offer
- 08.29.2019 Massachusetts Nurses Association Honors Memory of Former MNA President, Executive Director Anne Hargreaves, RN
- 08.27.2019 MNA Nurses Call on Baystate Health to Dissolve Partnership with For-Profit US HealthVest After Devastating Investigative Report
- 08.14.2019 MNA Election Ballot Return Deadline September 11
- 08.14.2019 Pain Management: October 2019 Education Conference
- 08.13.2019 MNA 2025!
- 08.02.2019 Register now Microsoft Office 2013 Computer Training Guest Instructor Katy Mayo of South Shore Software Training The MNA has added this practical course on several computer programs: Excel and Word. It is adapted for the total novice to one who has considerable experience.
- 07.30.2019 Join the Conversation: September 4 Telephone Town Hall on the Future of the MNA
- 07.18.2019 Enter to Win Today - Thinking of You Back to School
- 07.16.2019 Nurses Impacted by Epidemic of Healthcare Assaults to Testify in Favor of Workplace Violence Prevention Bill on July 18
- 07.16.2019 Department of Public Health Finds Baystate Noble and Wing ICUs ‘Necessary for Preserving Access and Health’ Following Closure Hearings
- 07.11.2019 Banner for July 11 NVMC Action
- 07.10.2019 Hearing on July 11 Features Nurse-Backed Mental Health Legislation Urgently Needed to Address Statewide Safety Crisis Boiling Over at Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital
- 07.10.2019 Mass. Nurses Association, Elected Leaders, and Local Activists Will Leaflet/Banner Outside of Steward-Owned Nashoba Sports & Physical Therapy in Groton in Support of Nashoba Valley Medical Center Patients and the Nurses Who Care for Them
- 07.09.2019 Public Leaflet for July 11 NVMC Action in Groton
- 06.27.2019 Brigham and Women’s Hospital Nurses Ratify New Contract, Demonstrating Powerful Unity and Commitment to World-Class Patient Care
- 06.21.2019 The MNA Summer Photo Contest!
- 06.17.2019 Department of Public Health to Hold Hearings on June 18 and 19 on the Proposed Closure of ICUs at Baystate Noble and Wing Hospitals
- 05.30.2019 Massachusetts Hospitals Stockpile $1.6 Billion in Cayman Islands and other Offshore Accounts; Nurses Call for Financial Transparency
- 05.24.2019 As Hospital Corporations Threaten Essential Services Across Massachusetts, Lawmakers to Examine Bill Strengthening Closure Law at May 28 Hearing
- 05.21.2019 MNA MEMBERS: Please Complete Five-Year Plan Survey