News & Events
The Voice of Nurses in Massachusetts
The MNA Division of Public Communications raises public awareness of and support for nursing issues by making nurses and nursing front-page news throughout the state and the nation. Below you will find the latest news regarding all facets of the organization. For a listing of upcoming MNA happenings, visit our Events Calendar.
- 09.19.2019 The MNA Labor School will be sponsoring one-session evening classes in each of the MNA Regions about Medicare for All which has now become a major focus in the public discussion.
- 09.18.2019 Coalition to Keep Behavioral Health Care Local to Rally on September 23 in Holyoke Against Baystate Health Plan to Close Beds in Greenfield, Palmer and Westfield
- 09.10.2019 Enter to Win Today-Panera Gift Card!
- 09.06.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center File Unfair Labor Practice Charges for Bad Faith Bargaining After Steward Made Threat to Close the Hospital in Retaliation if Nurses Refused to Accept Management’s Contract Offer
- 08.29.2019 Massachusetts Nurses Association Honors Memory of Former MNA President, Executive Director Anne Hargreaves, RN
- 08.29.2019 Tobey and St. Luke’s Hospital Nurses Decry Proposed Closure of Tobey Maternity Services as Harmful to Community Health
- 08.27.2019 MNA Nurses Call on Baystate Health to Dissolve Partnership with For-Profit US HealthVest After Devastating Investigative Report
- 08.14.2019 MNA Election Ballot Return Deadline September 11
- 08.14.2019 Pain Management: October 2019 Education Conference
- 08.13.2019 MNA 2025!
- 08.02.2019 Register now Microsoft Office 2013 Computer Training Guest Instructor Katy Mayo of South Shore Software Training The MNA has added this practical course on several computer programs: Excel and Word. It is adapted for the total novice to one who has considerable experience.
- 07.30.2019 Join the Conversation: September 4 Telephone Town Hall on the Future of the MNA
- 07.18.2019 Enter to Win Today - Thinking of You Back to School
- 07.16.2019 Nurses Impacted by Epidemic of Healthcare Assaults to Testify in Favor of Workplace Violence Prevention Bill on July 18
- 07.16.2019 Department of Public Health Finds Baystate Noble and Wing ICUs ‘Necessary for Preserving Access and Health’ Following Closure Hearings
- 07.11.2019 Banner for July 11 NVMC Action
- 07.10.2019 Hearing on July 11 Features Nurse-Backed Mental Health Legislation Urgently Needed to Address Statewide Safety Crisis Boiling Over at Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital
- 07.10.2019 Mass. Nurses Association, Elected Leaders, and Local Activists Will Leaflet/Banner Outside of Steward-Owned Nashoba Sports & Physical Therapy in Groton in Support of Nashoba Valley Medical Center Patients and the Nurses Who Care for Them
- 07.09.2019 Public Leaflet for July 11 NVMC Action in Groton
- 06.27.2019 Brigham and Women’s Hospital Nurses Ratify New Contract, Demonstrating Powerful Unity and Commitment to World-Class Patient Care
- 06.21.2019 The MNA Summer Photo Contest!
- 06.17.2019 Department of Public Health to Hold Hearings on June 18 and 19 on the Proposed Closure of ICUs at Baystate Noble and Wing Hospitals
- 05.30.2019 Massachusetts Hospitals Stockpile $1.6 Billion in Cayman Islands and other Offshore Accounts; Nurses Call for Financial Transparency
- 05.24.2019 As Hospital Corporations Threaten Essential Services Across Massachusetts, Lawmakers to Examine Bill Strengthening Closure Law at May 28 Hearing
- 05.21.2019 MNA MEMBERS: Please Complete Five-Year Plan Survey
- 05.07.2019 Latest ‘State of Nursing in Massachusetts’ Survey Shows Need for Safe Patient Limits and Fact-Finding Legislation to Clarify Hospital Industry Misinformation
- 05.06.2019 Executive Summary of 2019 State of Nursing in Massachusetts
- 05.06.2019 Additional Content for Attendees of Clinical Conference
- 05.03.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center Cast 100% “Yes” Vote to Authorize a One-Day Strike
- 04.15.2019 Local Elected Officials to Host Community Forum in Westfield on April 18 about Baystate’s Proposed Closure of Mental Health Services
- 04.11.2019 Support Striking UFCW Stop & Shop Workers!
- 04.02.2019 Lawrence General Hospital RNs Deliver Required Notice for Informational Picket on April 11th to Call for a Fair Contract with Safer Staffing and Patient Care Conditions