Nursing Practice Volunteer Opportunities
Congress on Nursing Practice
The Division of Nursing is responsible for the Congress on Nursing Practice which identifies practice and issues impacting the nursing community that can be can be addressed through education, policy, legislation or position statements. Congress members are either elected or appointed to the nine congress positions. This is a deliberative body that focuses on high standards of nursing practice and advocacy for the people nursing serves. The congress meets once a month second Monday from 5:30p.m. - 8p.m. at MNA headquarters.
Center for Ethics and Human Rights
The Center for Ethics and Human Rights is comprised of eight members, four of whom are elected and four of whom are appointed by the Board of Directors and focuses on developing the moral competence of MNA membership through assessment, education and evaluation.
The center will:
- Monitor ethical issues in practice
- Review policy proposals and make recommendations to the Board of Directors
- serve as a resource in ethics to MNA members, regional councils and the larger nursing community
- Work with MNA groups to prepare position papers, policies and documents as needed
- Establish a communication structure for nurses within Massachusetts and with other state and national organizations
Assisting and guiding the MNA Board of Directors in addressing nursing issues, committee members determine how the organization uses its resources, how it should be governed and how new members should be recruited, among other issues.
Established committees are:
- Nominations and Elections
A standing committee is composed of up to ten members. All members are appointed by the Board of Directors. There are no criteria for membership in these committees except membership and or associate membership in the MNA.
The Division of Nursing welcomes any or all questions concerning membership in any of the committees. For more information, please contact the director of the nursing division, Judith Pare, at 781.830.5714 or at email@example.com.