News & Events
MNA BOD November 2022 Highlights
MNA BOARD OF DIRECTORS HIGHLIGHTS
November 17, 2022
- The Milford nurses ratified their first contract!!! South Shore Endoscopy Brigham & Women’s Harbor Medical won their election with 83% voting yes. The UMass Hospital at Home nurses organized for inclusion in the UMass bargaining unit. They filed for an election with 71% support and won their election.
- HealthAlliance Home Health & Hospice ratified their contract unanimously. A severance settlement was reached for the midwives at Northeast with the announced closure of the Birth Center. The Attorney General is investigating Anna Jaques Hospital for missed meal breaks.
- Negotiations continue for a first contract at Berkshire VNA. St. Vincent’s announced that they will be eliminating their IV Team.
- This was the first meeting of the newly elected MNA Board of Directors. Dominique Muldoon was appointed to the vacant At-Large Labor seat and Katelyn Roberson was appointed the vacant Region 1 seat. Both terms expire in 2025. There are additional vacancies for Region 3 Director, Region 4 Director, Director At-Large General and Labor Program Member Seat. If members are interested in joining the BOD, please contact Robin Gannon for a consent to serve form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MNA President, Katie Murphy, was named one of the 50 most influential people in health care by the Boston Business Journal.
- The BOD reviewed MNA legislative bills for refiling. They will continue the review next month for refiling in January.
- The BOD voted to donate $10,000 to Mass Care and $1,000 to Greater Boston Chapter of the Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA).
- Gloria West from Project Right spoke to the BOD about the organization’s initiatives in the Greater Grove Hall area of Boston.
MNA Board of Director