Zoom Class: Contract Negotiations: Week #4
02.24.20212021-02-24 2021-02-24 America/New_York Zoom Class: Contract Negotiations: Week #4 http://www.massnurses.org/news-and-events/events/p/event/11926 MNA MNA firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a Zoom Labor School presentation offered for all MNA members on the following dates.
Feb. 3, Wednesday 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- Organizing model vs. Servicing Model Approaches
- Bargaining calendar - Beginning the process
- Legal notices and the legal basis for bargaining
- Subjects of bargaining
- Preparing for bargaining and the bargaining team
- Contract Action Team
Feb. 10, Wednesday 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- Stages of negotiations
- Contract surveys and formulating proposals
- Priories, goals, and themes
- Researching the employer and the unon
- Information requests
- Decision-making process
- At the bargaining table
Feb. 17, Wednesday 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- The Initial Session & Ground Rules
- Presenting Initial Proposals
- Roles and conduct at the table
- Chief Negotiator
- Proposal and Counter-Proposal Exchange
- Contract Campaigns
- Wring Contract Language
Feb. 24, Wednesday 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- Role of the Caucus
- Bargaining Impasse
- Contract Expiration and Extensions
- Contract Costing
- Selling the Contract
- Committee Recommendation & Ratification
- Strikes and Job Actions
To register, please send an email to Joe Twarog at email@example.com and please indicate the bargaining unit where you work. The Zoom link will be sent to you in advance of the class.