Community Meeting to Discuss the Future of Carney Hospital
When: Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 6:30 p.m.
Where: Sheet Metal Workers Hall, Local #17
1181 Adams Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
Sponsored by the Coalition to Strengthen Carney Hospital*
Carney Hospital’s future is being studied and debated now in a variety of ways. We need to let decision makers at Caritas Christi Health Care know why we need Carney to remain as an acute care hospital with an active emergency room and a full range of medical services.
Come voice your concerns about preserving this vital community asset.
For more information, call the office of State Representative Martin J. Walsh, at
617.722.2090 and ask to speak with Michael Christopher.
*Members of the Coalition to Strengthen Carney Hospital include:
City Elected Officials
- Thomas M. Menino, Mayor
- Maureen E. Feeney, City Council President
- Michael F. Flaherty, At-Large City Councilor
- Sam Yoon, At-Large City Councilor
- John R. Connolly, At-Large City Councilor
- Stephen J. Murphy, At-Large City Councilor
- Charles C. Yancey, District 4 City Councilor
State Elected Officials
- Martin J. Walsh, State Representative
- Linda Dorcena Forry, State Representative
- Marie St. Fleur, State Representative
- Willie Mae Allen, State Representative
- Jack Hart, State Senator
Federal State Officials
- Michael Capuano, U.S. Congressman
- Stephen Lynch, U.S. Congressman
Community-Based Health Organizations
- Daniel J. Driscoll, President & CEO, Harbor Health Services, Inc.
- Marva Serotkin, CEO, The Boston Home
- Joel Abrams, CEO, Dorchester House Multi-Service Center
- William Walczak, CEO, Codman Square Health Center
- Jane Connelly, RN, Chair, Massachusetts Nurses Association/Carney Hospital