Is the flu shot mandatory or not?
- MNA position statement
- Visit the DPH flu site often for updates on the status and answers to other questions like it.
- The DPH site has a flu page specific to Information for Healthcare and Public Health Professionals
- And also their Vaccine Guidelines and Tools page has information like Model Standing Orders
- Download a DPH and MNA-approved flu shot declination form. It’s a simple form which does not require a reason for declining vaccine.
What can nurses expect?
- Read our article from the Massachusetts Nurse Newsletter (October 2010 edition) Flu 2010-2011: what nurses can expect and the related DPH Flu Regulations
Do I need to get vaccinated this year if I was last year?
- Visit the CDC flu site often for answers to this and other questions like it.
Other useful flu information
- Latest Flu News from the CDC
Key points from the CDC regarding ongoing investigations of cases of influenza H3N2v and H1N2v virus infections in the United States.
- Flu shot declination form
This is a DPH and MNA approved form. It’s a simple form which does not require a reason for declining vaccine.
- Flu vaccine not as effective as thought, new study says
Article from Minnesota Public Radio
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines
Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011 – includes information on doses for children and recommendations for people with egg allergies
- H1N1 report: looking back, thinking ahead
This was an article that ran in the Massachusetts Nurse Newsletter (May 2010 edition)
- MNA Supports DPH Plan Requiring Health Care Employers to Provide Flu Vaccination to Health Care Workers (September 18, 2009)