Join the campaign. Help us gather the signatures for two ballot initiatives that will dramatically improve patient safety in Massachusetts hospitals, while also ensuring that taxpayer health care dollars are dedicated exclusively for patient care and needed services for all communities.
Last fall, our members and supporters gathered the first round of more than 100,000 signatures that were required to certify these initiatives by the Secretary of State. To finish the job and place these questions on the ballot in November we are required to gather another 20,000 different signatures from registered voters in Massachusetts prior to June 9.
Here are the materials you need to begin gathering signatures:
- Patient Safety Act Signature Drive Campaign Flyer
- Hospital Profit Transparency & Fairness Act Campaign Flyer
- Ballot Initiative Language for the Patient Safety Act Certified by the Attorney General
- Ballot Initiative Language for the Hospital Profit Transparency and Fairness Act
- Instruction Booklet on How to Gather Signatures for the ballot initiatives
- To obtain petitions to start gathering the signatures that will put the Patient Safety Act on the ballot, call the MNA at 781.821.4625 and ask to speak with the organizing division.
- To download and copy your own Patient Safety Act Petition click here.
- To download and copy your own Hospital Profit and Transparency Act Petition click here.
- Please note: The petitions must be on 8 1/2 x 11 and both sides of the petition must be copied back-to-back. You cannot print out the two sides and then staple them together. No color paper or perforated paper with notebook holes will be accepted.
- Below you will find links to documents listing good locations to gather signatures, including outside supermarkets, local fairs/festivals and registry of motor vehicle locations. You can also take petitions to family gatherings, your children’s’ sporting events and other social gatherings.