Please see the H1N1 situation report. Highlights include:
- There has been a continuous increase in influenza-like illness (ILI) in Massachusetts over the last few weeks.
- MDPH continues to receive reports of ILI clusters in schools and the Hinton State Laboratory is receiving an increased number of specimens for H1N1 testing. Follow-up of individual cases by MDPH epidemiologists and local health departments continues to focus on severely ill and hospitalized cases.
- Between October 4 and October 29, 14 hospitalizations and one death due to laboratory-confirmed 2009 H1N1 influenza were reported in Massachusetts.
- MDPH has allocated 483,700 doses of H1N1 vaccine in all formulations, or between roughly 10% and 15% of the doses we expect to receive overall.
- A number of new resources for providers and the general public are available at www.mass.gov/dph/flu.