“As an educator and professional, I believe RNs need to be represented by a nurses union – MNA – to provide a unified voice addressing the nurse’s work environment which directly impacts on the care patients receive.”
– Gail Bean
As the largest organization representing registered nurses and health care professionals in Massachusetts, MNA is leading the fight to defend our profession for all Massachusetts registered nurses, union or non- union. No matter where nurses practice or what the population of patients they serve, the MNA has the tools, the resources and the support nurses need to be the best they can be and to ensure that the patients they care for receive the care they deserve. The MNA has set the standard for union contract language to protect nurses in Massachusetts, including:
- Making MNA nurses the highest paid nurses in Massachusetts.
- Preventing mandatory overtime.
- Preventing inappropriate floating of nurses and
the use of mandatory on-call.
- Regulating the introduction of new technologies.
- Establishing staffing guidelines and ratios.
- Providing important new benefits such as HIV insurance and retiree health insurance.
CONTACT WESTERN MASS MNA TODAY!