Center for Ethics and Human Rights
The MNA Center for Ethics and Human Rights is an organized, deliberative body which focuses on high standards of nursing practice and advocacy for the people nursing serves. The center serves as a resource for all Massachusetts registered nurses on issues of ethics, human rights and advocacy.
The Center shall focus on developing the moral competence of MNA membership through assessment, education and evaluation.
- Monitor ethical issues in practice
- Review policy proposals and make recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Serve as a resource in ethics to MNA members, regional councils and the larger nursing community
- Work with MNA groups to prepare position papers, policies and documents as needed
- Establish a communication structure for nurses within Massachusetts and with other state and national organizations