News & Events
MNA Board highlights January 2023
MNA Board of Director Highlights January 19, 2023
- WE NEED YOUR HELP: Please call your State Representative and State Senator today to ask them to sign onto new MNA legislation that would ensure safer staffing with patient limits (SD1660/HD2491); reduce workplace violence (SD580/HD1835) and preserve essential services (SD379/HD267). The main number for the State House is 617-722-2000. To find your legislators visit: https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator
- Brigham & Women’s nurses will hold an information picket over poor conditions and failure to treat nurses with respect on Wednesday, February 1st from 12pm – 2pm outside the hospital (75 Francis Street, Boston). Please come and support fellow MNA nurses.
- MNA will host a dinner/discussion for the participants of the 2023 Harvard Trade Union Program on Wednesday, February 8th at 4pm at MNA Headquarters in Canton.
- LABOR SUMMIT: Thursday, March 16, 2023 9am – 4pm at the Four Points Sheraton in Norwood. Register now at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/mnalbrsummit2023
- Lt. Antoinette Mantz, MPH, RN attended the BOD meeting to share information about the Navy Nurse Corp. For more information visit their Instagram page @navynursenewengland. .
- The BOD approved a $1,500 donation to Mass Labor Action Network (MLAN).
- Nurses House is a nurse-managed, non-profit organization dedicated to helping registered nurses in need. They will be running their “Have a Heart for Nurses in Need” campaign throughout the month of February and invite you to donate at https://app.giveffect.com/campaigns/24187-have-a-heart-for-nurses-in-need or reach out to them if you are a nurse in need.
- The MNA has been asked to participate in a documentary film release called “American Hospitals: Healing a Broken System” in early April. More details to follow.
- MNA COMMITTEE VACANCIES: There are vacancies on the MNA Board of Directors for a Region 4 Director, two Director At-Large General seats and a Labor Program Member seat (HCP). There are also vacancies on the Bylaws Committee (Regions 1, 3 and 5); Nominations & Elections (Regions 1 and 3) and the MNA Finance Committee (At-Large Member from collective bargaining). If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Robin Gannon for a consent to serve form at 781-830-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAVE THE DATE: The 2023 MNA Convention will be held at the Quincy Marriott on Wednesday and Thursday, October 11th and 12th.