News & Events
The Voice of Nurses in Massachusetts
The MNA Division of Public Communications raises public awareness of and support for nursing issues by making nurses and nursing front-page news throughout the state and the nation. Below you will find the latest news regarding all facets of the organization. For a listing of upcoming MNA happenings, visit our Events Calendar.
- 05.24.2019 As Hospital Corporations Threaten Essential Services Across Massachusetts, Lawmakers to Examine Bill Strengthening Closure Law at May 28 Hearing
- 05.21.2019 MNA MEMBERS: Please Complete Five-Year Plan Survey
- 05.07.2019 Latest ‘State of Nursing in Massachusetts’ Survey Shows Need for Safe Patient Limits and Fact-Finding Legislation to Clarify Hospital Industry Misinformation
- 05.06.2019 Executive Summary of 2019 State of Nursing in Massachusetts
- 05.06.2019 Additional Content for Attendees of Clinical Conference
- 05.03.2019 RNs at Steward Nashoba Valley Medical Center Cast 100% “Yes” Vote to Authorize a One-Day Strike
- 04.15.2019 Local Elected Officials to Host Community Forum in Westfield on April 18 about Baystate’s Proposed Closure of Mental Health Services
- 04.11.2019 Support Striking UFCW Stop & Shop Workers!
- 04.02.2019 Lawrence General Hospital RNs Deliver Required Notice for Informational Picket on April 11th to Call for a Fair Contract with Safer Staffing and Patient Care Conditions
- 03.25.2019 Nashoba Valley Medical Center RNs Invite Community to March 27 Downtown Rally
- 03.21.2019 The Registered Nurses Of Nashoba Valley Medical Center Invite Our Community, Patients And Friends To Join Us As We Rally For Patient Safety And Quality Patient Care Wednesday, March 27, 4-5 p.m.
- 03.18.2019 Steward St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center RNs Cancel Picket for March 19 Reach Settlement with Management to Ensure Contractual Staffing Levels for Patient Care are Followed
- 03.14.2019 Heywood Hospital Pledges Not to Violate Nurses’ Rights to Advocate for Patient Safety After Settling Question 1 Intimidation Charge
- 03.12.2019 Steward St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center RNs to Hold Informational Picket to Protest Unsafe Staffing and Patient Care Conditions
- 03.08.2019 At St. Elizabeth's, RNs Say "Enough is Enough!"
- 03.06.2019 Support Nurse Education Through the Massachusetts Nurses Foundation
- 02.26.2019 Opponents of Q1 and Safe Patient Limits Spend Record Amount to Scare, Confuse Voters
- 02.25.2019 Local Elected Officials to Host Community Forum in Greenfield on February 28 about Baystate’s Proposed Closure of Mental Health Services
- 02.25.2019 One Week Left to Purchase Celts Tix!
- 02.08.2019 MNA Announces New Job-Search Platform for Members
- 02.07.2019 Updated and Improved: Labor Summit 2019!
- 02.05.2019 NLRB Dismisses St. Luke’s Union Election Complaint, Nurses Move Forward to Negotiate Patient Safety and Other Important Issues
- 02.04.2019 MNA Initial Response to Baystate Health Plan to Close Behavioral Health Services
- 01.28.2019 Purchase Celtics Tix and Support the MNF!
- 01.24.2019 Massachusetts Nurses Foundation Celtics Offer
- 01.20.2019 BREAKING: New Federal Medicare for All Act of 2019 will be introduced soon. Call your Representative to cosponsor now!
- 01.13.2019 MassCare Announces its 2019 Lobby Day for its Single Payer Bills
- 11.29.2018 Registered Nurses at St. Luke’s Hospital in New Bedford Vote to Join Massachusetts Nurses Association