Donations and Charitable Giving
The Massachusetts Nurses Association is continuing to collect donations to purchase personal protect equipment (PPE) for nurses and healthcare workers on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as the second wave is upon us and healthcare workers still do not have proper PPE.
Considering what we know now about asymptomatic spread, it is more important than ever that we ensure healthcare personnel caring for patients have the proper PPE. Read more about that here. We already face razor-thin staffing levels given the magnitude of patient needs and the high risk of exposure for healthcare workers. Your contribution will help get PPE directly into the hands of those on the frontlines.
We will use 100% of donations to buy PPE -- primarily N95 masks that are the appropriate protective standard to reduce risk of COVID-19 infection – and distribute the equipment to nurses and healthcare professionals caring for any and all patients in Massachusetts healthcare facilities.
Make a Donation
Many thanks to the countless individuals and organizations who have made both finacial and in-kind donations to the MNA since the onset of the pandemic, including:
- Skyhawk Therapeutics and Dragonfly Therapeutics for their $150,000 donation, which was used to purchase PPE, includig FDA-apporoved KN95 respirator masks
- IBEW Local 103, which donated 20,000 medical-grade N95s
- Autodesk, which manufactured and purchased 2,600 face shields
- Barco Uniforms which donated 500 sets of scrubs as part of its “Project Gratitude” initiative
- Puma, which doanted 20,000 pairs of new sneakers and 400 headbands
- KIND Company, which donated hundreds of its delicious KIND bars
- Anheuser-Busch, for its doantion of bottled water
Regis College is offering a full scholarship to the dependent of an MNA member lost to COVID 19. They’re also offering two $2500.00 scholarships. Here is the link: