Donations and Charitable Giving
The Massachusetts Nurses Association is collecting donations to purchase personal protect equipment (PPE) for nurses and healthcare workers on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We will use 100% of donations to buy PPE -- primarily N95 masks that are the appropriate protective standard to reduce risk of COVID-19 infection – and distribute the equipment to nurses and healthcare professionals caring for any and all patients in Massachusetts healthcare facilities.
COVID-19 can be spread by people who are infected but show no symptoms, so we must assume any patient could have the virus. By ensuring all frontline healthcare workers have appropriate PPE, we will protect caregivers and patients, and limit spread of COVID-19 within our communities.
Make a Donation
Many thanks to the countless individuals and organizations who have made both finacial and in-kind donations to the MNA since the onset of the pandemic, including:
- Skyhawk Therapeutics and Dragonfly Therapeutics for their $150,000 donation, which was used to purchase PPE, includig FDA-apporoved KN95 respirator masks
- IBEW Local 103, which donated 20,000 medical-grade N95s
- Autodesk, which manufactured and purchased 2,600 face shields
- Barco Uniforms which donated 500 sets of scrubs as part of its “Project Gratitude” initiative
- Puma, which doanted 20,000 pairs of new sneakers and 400 headbands
- KIND Company, which donated hundreds of its delicious KIND bars
- Anheuser-Busch, for its doantion of bottled water
Regis College is offering a full scholarship to the dependent of an MNA member lost to COVID 19. They’re also offering two $2500.00 scholarships. Here is the link: