Associate Membership Program
The MNA is offering an exciting new opportunity for you to join the largest professional registered nurse organization in Massachusetts. The new MNA Associate Member Program opens the door for you to become involved and work with other nurses to make a difference today and for future generations.
- Letter from Donna Kelly-Williams, RN, MNA President
- Associate Member Program FAQ
- Download Associate Member Program Brochure in .pdf format
- Join the MNA Page
Associate Members enjoy all benefits of full membership, with the exception
of voting rights and the right to serve on the Board of Directors. Please call the MNA Membership Division at 800.882.2056 x726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Dear Massachusetts Nurse,
My name is Donna Kelly-Williams, a staff nurse at Cambridge Hospital and President of the Massachusetts Nurses Association, the largest and most respected professional association and union of registered nurses in the Commonwealth. In fact, according to a recent poll of voters in Massachusetts, the MNA was ranked as the most trusted organizational voice on health care issues in our state.
As a nurse for many years, I have witnessed the profound changes in the way we care for our patients and practice nursing. Working as RNs in today's health care environment has become increasingly challenging and affects not only our work lives, but also our lives outside of the workplace. As members of the Massachusetts Nurses Association, the leading voice of nurses, by nurses, we have been able to make positive changes in our profession.
Now, the MNA is offering an exciting new opportunity for nurses who are not part of an MNA unionized facility to become part of the MNA. The Associate Membership opens the door for you to become involved and work with other nurses to make a difference today and for future generations of nurses.
Associate Members also have access to many of the benefits and resources that MNA union nurses enjoy at a reduced rate. I invite you to join us as we change the landscape of nursing in Massachusetts by having a united, strong voice for nurses, our patients and our community.
As working nurses, parents, and caregivers, we know how valuable your time is, but please take a few minutes to look over this information about the MNA Associate Membership Program. I am sure you will agree — together we can make a real difference. For more information contact the MNA Membership Division at 800.882.2056 x726, or email email@example.com.
Donna Kelly-Williams, RN
Massachusetts Nurses Association
Who is eligible to be an Associate Member?
Any registered nurse who is not covered by an MNA collective bargaining agreement.
What benefits am I entitled to as an Associate Member?
- You will receive the MNA’s newsletter, the Massachusetts Nurse Advocate, and other information about issues affecting your profession.
- You can collaborate with other nursing professionals through MNA committees in an effort to solve problems facing the profession. This includes groups dealing with: clinical nursing practice, occupational health & safety, workplace violence, nursing ethics, diversity, emergency preparedness and legislative/political action.
You will have access to MNA’s free CE programs:
» Includes full-day, half-day and evening CE programs.
» Provides access to free online CE offerings.
You can take advantage of MNA's member-only discounts, some of which include:
- Entertainment discounts: Disney, discount movie passes, Six Flags New England discounts.
- Travel discounts.
- Discounts on Cell Phone Service Plans: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile.
- Discounts on household needs: Auto/homeowners insurance, oil network discounts.
What is the dues rate for an Associate Member?
- Subject to verification, nurses who qualify for Associate Membership may elect to pay $20 per month or $240 per year as their annual dues.