Regionional Council 3 News
Exciting Pediatric Advanced Practice Nurse Career Opportunity
The Massachusetts Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist to be trained and certified as a Pediatric SANE for employment at the Bristol County Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) in Fall River, MA. The Pediatric SANE will provide forensic medical sexual abuse examinations, including forensic evidence collection as indicated, as part of the CAC multidisciplinary team response to allegations of child sexual abuse.
The Pediatric SANE will also provide support, teaching, health promotion and anticipatory guidance to children and families referred to the Children's Advocacy Center through face to face and telephone consultation. The Pediatric SANE will act as a linkage to a child’s primary care provider. In addition, the Pediatric SANE acts as a health consultant to the MDT and other community medical providers by sharing information about the forensic findings and health needs of children who have been sexually abused. The Pediatric SANE may also be called to court to act as a fact witness and/or expert witness regarding the care rendered in the role of a Massachusetts Pediatric SANE.
The Pediatric SANE will participate in community outreach and education to medical, law enforcement, school and mental health community partners within Bristol County in collaboration with CAC and other SANE team members.
Candidates who are not currently trained as a Massachusetts Pediatric SANE will be provided training opportunities to become certified as a MA Pediatric SANE. Such training will include on-line training and on-site clinical training at the Bristol County Children’s Advocacy Center, Fall River, MA. Other training experiences will include clinical experiences with child sexual abuse experts in hospitals and other CAC settings.
· Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist with concentration in Pediatrics, Adolescent or Family Health Nursing or a graduate degree in Forensic Nursing
· Current licensure in MA or reciprocity eligibility
· Excellent clinical skills
· Commitment to evidence based practice
· Excellent professional communication skills
· Experience in public speaking and providing training, education and outreach to other health care professionals and community partners
· Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and skillful at interagency problem-solving and conflict resolution
· Proficiency in basic computer technology (web access, Microsoft Word)