Regional Council 1 News
Register Now for the Labor School Program: Understanding the Janus Case
Janus v. American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- The history of Friedrichs and Janus and public unions
- What is it and how did the case get to the US Supreme Court?
- Who is behind these cases?
- What does it mean for organized labor and the MNA?
- How could the Janus decision impact public employees?
- Why is the Janus case important for non-public facilities?
- How can the MNA prepare for Janus?
The MNA Labor School will be sponsoring one-session evening classes in each of the MNA Regions to address these questions. Classes will be 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. with a light meal at 5 p.m.
Region 1 – Tuesday, April 17
Region 2 – Monday, April 16
Region 3 – Thursday, April 12
Region 4 – Monday, April 2
Region 5 – Monday, April 9
Contact your regional office to register for this important class!
Region 1 Office, Jasmine Rodriquez-Franco, 413-584-4607, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 2 Office, Carey Zimmerman, 508-756-5800 ext. 100, email@example.com
Region 3 Office, Pat Conway, 508-888-5774, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 4 Office, Peggy O’Malley, RN, 781-584-8012, email@example.com
Region 5 Office, Harriett Duggan,781-821-8255, firstname.lastname@example.org