Nursing Jobs Online
RN - CVPA
Cape Cod Healthcare
27 Park Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
How to apply:
By being hired as a Registered Nurse in the Cape Cod Hospital Cardiovascular Procedure Area, you’ll be a key member of our team caring for patients undergoing . Are you an experienced Critical Care or Cardiovascular Procedure Area Registered Nurse looking for a new opportunity? A position as a Registered Nurse at Cape Cod Healthcare may be waiting for you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Administers and monitors patient responses to all medications. Directs and guides patient care, teaching and activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing within the realm of Hospital Policy. Maintains and delivers the highest quality customer service standards.
1. Properly utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients by maintaining relevant, accurate and current patient records as evidenced by Nursing PI activities.
2. Provides documentation of assessment of the patient throughout the Hospital admission including physical, psychological, social dimensions and discharge plans. Summarizes assessment data and initiate plan of care with communication of pertinent data to allied patient care providers as evidenced by Nursing PI activities.
3. Understands, assumes, and demonstrates proficiency in the role of charge nurse.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in Computerized Nursing Informatics (information systems).
5. Assumes role of resource person regarding patient care, orientation and teaching staff.
6. Participates in at least four unit staff meetings per year, attends mandatory programs and obtains three hours of Patient Care Assessment Committee (PCAC) credit per year.
7. Participates in identification of the aspects of care for the patient, indicators used to monitor the quality and appropriateness of care, and the evaluation of that care. Adheres to safety, blood/body fluid policies and procedures.
8. Assesses personal learning development needs. Maintains documentation of current and ongoing professional development activities. Regularly up-dates knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the age of the patient served. Shows a willingness to participate on Nursing Committees.
9. Represents hospital in the community and within the hospital by maintaining confidentiality regarding patients and hospital matters and by presenting the hospital in a manner that will best market the services provided.
10. Performs other work related duties and activities as assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
· Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
· Basic Life Support Certification required and must maintain certification.
· ACLS required within 90 days of employment and must maintain certification.
· Successful passage of CCHC's Pharmacology exam.
· Successful passage of Basic Arrhythmia Program or challenge exam.
· Must read, write and communicate in English.
· Critical Care experience required.
· Current Cardiovascular interventional nursing experience or cardiac surgical nursing experience required.
· IABP certification within 6 months of hire
· BSN Preferred.
· CCRN or CRN preferred.
· Use of lead apron required.
· On-Call is required for off-shift, weekends and holidays.
Copy of the highest level clinical diploma/degree and/or transcript required for those employees performing moderate complexity testing.
To apply for this position, please visit the careers section of our web site at
Full-time, part-time, Flex and per diem positions open.
- Specialty: Other
- Salary Range:
- Schedule: Full Time
- Term: Permanent
- Posting Date: 12.07.2017