MNF golf tournament a big success in raising scholarship funds
From the Massachusetts Nurse Newsletter
September 2010 Edition
The Massachusetts Nurses Foundation—a non-profit organization whose mission is to support scholarship and research in nursing and health care—held its annual golf tournament on July 19, and was successful in raising over $20,000 for its scholarship programs. The tournament named in memory of Rosemary Smith, RN a longtime leader and advocate for the nursing community and a tenacious fundraiser and supporter for the MNF.
More than 110 participants enjoyed the 18-hole, Florida scrambl-style tournament at the LeBaron Hills Country Club in Lakeville. The day’s events included a buffet awards luncheon followed with raffle prizes and awards presented to the lowest scores for female, male and mixed foursomes.
|Female winners: Joanne Raby, Julie Bunn, Caroline Tocci, Phyllis Berg.|
|Male winners: Oscar Miranda, Rick Miranda, Tim Noone, Matt Viena.|
|Mixed winners: Jim Mitchell, Mary Krumsiek, Jeannine Williams, Jon-Gary Williams.|
Thanks to the planning committee: Andy Ferris, Cindy Messia, Jack Gordon, Jon Neal, Shirley Thompson, Tom Lent and Tony Antonelli. Special Thanks to the hardworking volunteers that helped to make this event successful. Chris Doucette, Barbara “Cookie” Cooke, Deb Hickey, Deb Rigiero, Eileen Norton, Kathy Metzger, Marguerite Sousa, Nancy Byrne, Pat Conway, Phyllis Sheldon, Tina Russell, and William Salazar.
Generous patron sponsors of this year’s tournament included:
- Arbella Insurance
1100 Crown Colony Drive
Quincy, MA 02269
- Colonial Insurance
310 North Main Street #6
Mansfield, MA 02048
- McDonald, Lamond & Canzoneri, Attorneys
153 Cordaville Road, Suite 320
Southborough, MA 01772
- Mindshift Technologies
307 Waverly Oaks Road, Suite 201
Waltham, MA 02452
- MNA Regional Council 3 — South Shore/Cape Cod Area
- MNA Regional Council 5 — Greater Boston Area MNA
- Unit 7 State Chapter of Healthcare Professionals
The MNF thanks all other donors:
- Anchor Capital Advisors, LLC
- Brockton Rox
- Central MA - AFL-CIO
- Claranne & James Parker
- Curtin, Murphy and O’Reilly, P.C.
- HarborOne Credit Union
- Jeff Vigeant
- F1 Boston
- Nurse Discount Home Mortgage by Reliant Mortgage
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
- Siena Construction Corporation
- Tina Russell, RN
• UBS Financial Services, Inc. We thank Deb’s Cleaning Service for its donation and we apologize for our omission of acknowledgment at the event. n