NEW: JUNE 2010 ISSUE OF "VACCINATE ADULTS" IS NOW ONLINE
The June 2010 issue of "Vaccinate Adults" has just been placed online at http://www.immunize.org/va/va28.pdf
This issue emphasizes the importance of vaccinating healthcare personnel against influenza. Note: Vaccinate Adults shares identical content with Needle Tips (which was published one week earlier) except that the pediatric information has been removed.
Here are some of the features included in the issue:
* Ask the Experts: CDC Immunization Experts Answer Your Questions
* Vaccine Highlights: Recommendations, Schedules, and More
* Vaccinations for Adults--You're NEVER Too Old to Get Immunized!
* Vaccine Refrigerator Setup, a resource from the California Department of Public Health
* Monthly Care of Vaccine Storage Units, a resource from the California Department of Public Health
* First Do No Harm--Protect Patients by Making Sure All Staff Receive Yearly Influenza Vaccine
* Honor Roll for Patient Safety (institutions that mandate influenza vaccination for healthcare workers)
To access the Vaccinate Adults web page, go to: http://www.immunize.org/va There you will find a table of contents for viewing and printing individual sections of the June issue. Back issues are accessible from this page as well.
To download a PDF of the entire 10-page June issue right now, go to: http://www.immunize.org/va/va28.pdf
REAL GUYS IMMUNIZE CAMPAIGN SPURS DADS ON TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES AGAINST VPDs
Launched in mid-June, the Real Guys Immunize Campaign gives dads the impetus and tools they need to take action to protect themselves and their families from vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs). The U.S. is seeing a level of VPDs that we haven't seen in decades--the pertussis epidemic in California is proof of that. That's why it's so important for dads to play their part in making sure they and their families are fully immunized.
The Real Guys Immunize website includes these web sections:
* iHerd--counters common myths dads may have heard about vaccines
* Captain's Corner--lets dads share how they or men they know have turned to vaccines to protect those they love
* Resources--gives dads access to immunization information that has appeared in the popular media
View the video on the Real Guys Immunize home page and to follow Real Guys Immunize on Facebook and Twitter.
To access the home page, go to: http://www.vaccinatenow.org/realguysimmunize