After more than 22 hours of negotiations, the Tufts Medical Center have reached a tentative agreement after the hospital presented a final offer that met most of the issues nurses said were most important for this new contract.. The agreement includes:
- A dedicated float pool, with strong protections against any nurse being floated to an unfamiliar unit.
- The formation of a Nurse Staffing Advisory Committee that gives staff nurses a strong voice, with a commitment for management and the MNA to work together to resolve staffing concerns.
- Inclusion of the Nurse Practice Act in the contract.
- No cuts to health insurance benefits
- No mandatory cancellation of shifts
- Limits to flex requirements
- A commitment to post and fill holes in every four-week schedule to limit mandatory overtime
- A two-year contract with a 2% across the board pay raise for all nurses in the second year